Chapter.3 Co., Ltd. (hereinafter referred to as "the Company"“we,” and “us”) currently produces and operates (including cases where the Company is commissioned to operate) media sites and e-commerce sites.
We recognize the importance of protecting personal information in an advanced information and telecommunications society.
We declare that the protection of personal information is an important management issue pertaining to our corporate social responsibility to fulfill the rights of individuals. We will comply with the Act on the Protection of Personal Information (Act No. 57 of May 30, 2003, including subsequent amendments, hereinafter referred to as the "Act on the Protection of Personal Information").
In addition to complying with the Act on the Protection of Personal Information, all departments of the Company shall comply with the following Unless otherwise specified, the definition of terms shall be in accordance with the provisions of the Personal Information Protection Law.
■1. acquisition of personal information
The Company shall acquire personal information by legal and fair means.
■2. purpose of use of personal information
In consideration of the content and scale of our business, we will use personal information within the scope of the following purposes of use and to the extent necessary to conduct our business, and will not handle personal information beyond the scope necessary to achieve the purposes of use (use for purposes other than the purposes of use). We will also take measures to ensure that personal information is not used for any other purposes.
(1) Formation and performance of contracts between customers and the Company
(2) Provision, operation, and implementation of our services
(3) Membership management of our services
(4) Printing, sending, and transmission of direct mail to customers who have applied for our services
(5)Operations related to campaign applications, etc.
(6) Responding to inquiries regarding our business
(7) Sending of various materials requested by customers regarding our business
(8) Sending of prizes to customers who have won prizes and campaigns planned by the Company itself
(9) Conducting our own questionnaire surveys, etc., and reflecting the results in our various services
(10) Providing information and support for our products and services
(11) Creation of statistical data for marketing, sales promotion, and product planning (individuals cannot be identified)
(12) Development, analysis and research of our services
(13) Contact in case of emergency
(14) Provision to business partners and other third parties
(15) Confirmation of the person's payment method or payment status for use of paid services operated by the Company
(16) Management and recruitment of employees of the Company
(17) Posting of photos and comments on the Company's website
(18) Sending out e-mail newsletters
(19) Sending and transmitting product and service announcements on behalf of our clients
(20) Publication in media materials produced by the Company
(21) Publication of articles and advertisements in magazines, books, and websites
(22) Preparation of payment records, etc., in accordance with laws and regulations
(23) Other matters incidental and related to the above
■3. Outsourcing the Handling of Personal Information
In the event that we entrust the handling of personal information to a third party, we will conduct a rigorous investigation of the third party, enter into a confidentiality agreement, and exercise appropriate supervision over the third party.
■4. Joint Use
In order to achieve the purposes of use stated in 2 above, we will jointly use customers' personal data within the following scope.
(1) Items of personal data to be jointly used
All personal data of the customer, unless otherwise specifically requested by the customer.
(2) Scope of joint use
AMARC LIFE STORE related: Growth Associates Co., Ltd.
AMARC, AMARC STORE related : Hearst Fujingaho Co., Ltd..
(3) Purpose of use by joint users
Same as 2 above.
(4) Name and address of the party responsible for the management of said personal data and name of its representative
Chapter.3 Co., Ltd.
401 Minami Aoyama Sepia Court, 6-8-3 Minami Aoyama,
Minato-ku, Tokyo, Japan
■5. Provision of Personal Information to Third Parties
(1) We will not provide personal information to third parties without obtaining the prior consent of the individual, except as required by the Personal Information Protection Law or other applicable laws and regulations.
(2) We will not provide to third parties (i) specific technical information (including IP addresses and mobile device identifiers), (ii) statistical information that cannot be used to identify individuals, or (iii) personally-related information such as information on the use of services that cannot be used to identify individuals (information about living individuals that does not fall under any of the categories of personal information, pseudonymized information, and anonymized information). (iii) We may provide personally identifiable information to third parties, such as non-personally identifiable information regarding the use of services.
(3) We may obtain cookies and other personally identifiable information (information on living individuals that does not fall under the category of personal information, pseudonymized information, or anonymized information) from partner companies(including, but not limited to, DMP companies, other advertising companies, research and analysis companies, media companies, database management companies, etc.), link it to the person's personal information, and use it for the purposes described in the Purpose of Use.
■6. Compliance with Laws and Social Order
In order to ensure the protection of personal information, we will comply with laws and regulations, national guidelines, and other norms regarding the handling of personal information.
■7. Safe Management of Personal Information
We strictly manage and protect personal information.
We will take reasonable security measures to prevent leakage, loss, or damage of personal information and to correct such leakage, loss, or damage, in accordance with our internal rules and regulations.
■8. Handling of Anonymous Processed Information
(1) When creating anonymized processed information, we shall process personal information in accordance with the standards set forth in laws and regulations such as the Personal Information Protection Law and the Rules of the Personal Information Protection Commission.
(2) When we have created anonymized processed information, we will take measures for security control to prevent the leakage of information regarding descriptions, etc. deleted from personal information used to create anonymized processed information, personal identification codes, and the processing method used in accordance with the preceding paragraph. (This is limited to the case where such personal information can be restored using such information.)
(3) When we have created anonymized processed information, we will disclose the items of information about individuals contained in such anonymized processed information without delay through the use of the Internet or other appropriate means.
(4) When providing anonymized processed information to a third party, we will publicly announce in advance the items of information concerning individuals included in the anonymized processed information to be provided to the third party and the method of providing such information, and will clearly indicate to the third party that the information pertaining to such provision is anonymized processed information.
(This includes information prepared by the Company and information provided by a third party. The same shall apply hereinafter unless otherwise specified.)
(5) In handling anonymized processed information, we will not (i) compare anonymized processed information with other information in order to identify the individual whose personal information was used to create the anonymized processed information, or (ii) obtain information regarding descriptions or personal identification codes deleted from said personal information or processing methods used in accordance with the provisions of the Personal Information Protection Law. ( (ii) is only for such anonymized processed information provided by a third party.)
(6) We shall take necessary and appropriate measures for the secure management of anonymized processed information, handle complaints regarding the creation or other handling of anonymized processed information, and take other necessary measures to ensure the proper handling of anonymized processed information, and shall endeavor to publicly announce the details of such measures.
■9. Handling of Pseudonymized Information
(1) When creating pseudonymized information, we shall process personal information in accordance with the standards set forth in the Personal Information Protection Law, the Rules of the Personal Information Protection Commission, and other laws and regulations.
(2) When we have created the Pseudonymous Processed Information or obtained the Pseudonymous Processed Information and the Deleted Information, etc. pertaining to such Pseudonymous Processed Information, we will take measures for the secure management of the Deleted Information, etc. in accordance with the standards prescribed by the Rules of the Personal Information Protection Commission as necessary to prevent leakage of the Deleted Information, etc.
(3) We will not provide pseudonymized information to third parties except as required by law. (Except for information that falls under the category of personal information.)
(4) In handling Processed Pseudonym Information, we will not match Processed Pseudonym Information with other information in order to identify the individual whose personal information was used to create the information.
(5) When there is no longer a need to use personal data or deleted information, etc. that is pseudonymized information, we will endeavor to delete such personal data and deleted information, etc. without delay.
(6) We will take necessary and appropriate measures for the secure management of Processed Pseudonymized Information, handle complaints regarding the creation or other handling of Processed Pseudonymized Information, and take other necessary measures to ensure the proper handling of Processed Pseudonymized Information, and will make efforts to publicly announce the details of such measures.
■10. Disclaimer of Liability
In the following cases, unless there is willful misconduct or negligence on the part of the Company, the Company will not assume any responsibility for the acquisition of personal information, personal data and personal related information by a third party.
(i) When the individual himself/herself reveals personal information to a specific company, etc. using the Service's functions or other means
(ii) In the event that the person in question is unintentionally identified through the actions of the person in question or other users.
(iii) When the individual has provided his/her personal information on an external site linked to the Service, or when such information is used by such external site.
(iv) When a person other than the principal has obtained personal information unrelated to the Service.
■11. Contact for Complaints and Other Inquiries Concerning Handling of Personal Information
Please direct any complaints or other inquiries regarding our handling of personal information to the following contact point.
■Procedures for Disclosure
When an individual requests disclosure of his/her personal information, we will respond to the request within a reasonable period of time and to the extent permitted by the Personal Information Protection Law after confirming that the request is made by the individual himself/herself or his/her representative.
However, if we stop using or delete part or all of this information, we may not be able to provide the requested service (we may not be able to comply with requests to stop using or delete information that is held in accordance with the relevant laws and regulations).
Please contact us for further information.
▼Method and Contact for Receipt of Disclosure
We outsource the storage and recording of personal information as follows
AMARC LIFE STORE related: Growth Associates Co., Ltd.
AMARC, AMARC STORE related: Hearst Fujingaho Co., Ltd.
Requests for disclosure of personal information will be accepted by the following methods.
Please note that we may not be able to respond to requests for disclosure that do not comply with this method.
▼Procedure for acceptance of request
Please fill out the "Request for Disclosure, etc." form prescribed by the Company and send it with the necessary documents to the reception desk below. (Sending fees are to be borne by the person making the request.)
We will respond to your request in writing after confirming your identity (or that of your representative) in the following manner.
In the case of "Notification of purpose of use" or "Disclosure," a fee of 1,000 yen (consumption tax included) will be charged per request.
■AMARC STORE related
Growth Associates Co., Ltd.
YAK Ebisu-Minami 2F, 2-27-8 Ebisu-Minami,
Shibuya-ku, Tokyo 150-0022, Japan
■AMARC, AMARC STORE related
Information Security Committee, Hearst Fujingaho Co., Ltd.
Minami Aoyama Tokyu Building 3F, 3-8-38 Minami Aoyama,
Minato-ku, Tokyo 107-0062, Japan
Please fill out the prescribed "Request Form for Disclosure, etc." and send it to the reception desk together with documents verifying your identity or, in the case of a representative, documents verifying the authority of the representative.
We will start the procedure when we confirm the transfer of the prescribed fee.
▼ Method of identification:
Copy of official identification such as driver's license, health insurance card, etc. (Proxy) Copy of official identification such as driver's license, health insurance card, etc. and a letter of attorney.
Please send this information after processing it in such a way that it cannot be seen by a third party.
1,000 yen per request for "Notification of purpose of use" or "Disclosure" (consumption tax included) Bank transfer fee is to be borne by the requesting party.
▶Request Form for Disclosure, etc. (Download)
A cookie is a mechanism that stores information such as browsing history and input contents in a user's computer as a file when the user uses a website.
■14. protection of personal information by SSL (Secure Socket Layer)
All personal information and survey responses you enter on the website are protected by SSL (Secure Socket Layer), the world's most widely used encryption technology, which encrypts and transmits transmitted data. The data you input is transmitted as encrypted data using a vast combination of encryption methods, so it cannot be read or altered by a third party over the Internet.
Established on April 25th, 2019
Revised on October 5th, 2022
Revised on April 12th, 2023