■Article 1 (Purpose and Application)
2 Please be sure to read this agreement in its entirety before using the site, as you are deemed to have agreed to it upon registration.
3 The AMARC LIFE STORE Shopping Terms and Conditions, which are separately stipulated by the Company, shall apply to the purchase of products in the AMARC LIFE STORE.
4 Explanations, notes, QAs, guidelines, and other rules and regulations regarding Membership service that we post on our website from time to time shall constitute a part of these Terms and Conditions.
■Article 2 (Definitions)
The following terms used in this Agreement shall have the meanings set forth below, except as otherwise provided in this Agreement.
(1) "Our Website" means the website operated by Us whose domain is "https://amarclifestore.com/" or a sub-domain of "https://amarclifestore.com/" (if the domain or content of our website is changed for any reason, including the website after such change).
(2) "Service" means services such as sales of various products and other related services provided by the Company under the name of "AMARC LIFE STORE" via the Internet, as well as members-only services. (In the event that the name or content of the service is changed for any reason, the service after such change shall be included.)
(3)"Member-only services" means services such as the distribution of e-mail newsletters, simplified product purchase procedures, viewing of product purchase history, and other services.
(4)"Member" means an individual who is registered as a member of the Service in accordance with Article 4 and who has entered into a contract of use with the Company.
(5)The term "Service Agreement" shall mean the contract for use of the Service in accordance with the various provisions of the Terms and Conditions established between the Company and the Member in accordance with Article 4.
(6)"Member information" means information registered by a member, such as information regarding use of the service, information provided/registered by member, and any additions or changes made to such information by the member.
(7) "Account" refers to a member ID, password, and other information necessary to use the Service as a member.
(8) "Intellectual Property Rights" means copyrights, patents, utility model rights, trademarks, design rights and other intellectual property rights. (including the right to acquire such rights or to apply for registration of such rights).
■Article 3 (Use by Minors)
1 Minors shall obtain the consent of a legal representative such as a person with parental authority before applying for membership registration for the Service or using the Service in any way. The minor shall be deemed to have obtained the consent of his/her legal representative with respect to the use of the Service and the Terms and Conditions at the time the minor completes registration for use of the Service or at the time the minor uses the Service.
2. If a minor member uses the service without the consent of his/her legal representative, by falsely claiming to be of legal age, or by using other fraudulent means to make the member believe that he/she is of legal capacity, all legal acts related to the use of the service or purchase of products, etc. cannot be revoked.
■Article 4 (Registration, etc.)
1 A person who wishes to register (hereinafter referred to as "Applicant") as a member may apply for membership by agreeing to the Terms and Conditions and by providing the Company with membership information in the manner prescribed by the Company.
2 Special symbols, old Chinese characters, Roman numerals, etc. cannot be used in the registration of member information. If any of these characters are registered, we will change them.
3 Membership registration is free, and after registration, members can use members-only services free of charge.
4 The application stipulated in Paragraph 1 must be made by the individual using the service, and as a general rule, applications for registration by a proxy will not be accepted. In addition, upon application, the applicant must provide true, accurate, and up-to-date information to the Company. The Company shall not be liable for any loss or damage incurred by a member due to false, erroneous, or omitted information in the member's information, except as provided in Article 15.
5 If the Company approves the registration, the Company will notify the applicant of such approval and the registration as a member will be deemed to be completed upon such notification.
6 Upon completion of registration as stipulated in the preceding paragraph, a contract for use of the service is established between the member and the Company in accordance with the various provisions of the Terms and Conditions.
■Article 5 (Refusal of Registration)
The Company may refuse registration if any of the following reasons apply to a Applicant, and shall not be obligated to disclose any reasons for such refusal.
(1) When the Company reasonably determines that there is a possibility of violation of these Terms and Conditions
(2) In the event that all or part of the membership information is false, erroneous, or omitted
(3) If Applicant is a person whose membership registration for the Service has been cancelled in the past or who is currently a registered member
(4) The applicant is a minor, an adult ward, a person under curatorship or a person under assistance, and has not obtained the consent of a legal representative, guardian, conservator or assistant.
(5) If we determine that the applicant is an antisocial force*, etc., or is involved in any interaction or involvement with antisocial forces, etc., such as cooperating or participating in the maintenance, operation, or management of antisocial forces, etc., through funding or other means.
(*Boryokudan, Boryokudan-member, Boryokudan-quasi-constituent, Boryokudan-related company, general meeting house, or any other group or individual who pursues economic benefits by using violence, power, or fraudulent methods.)
(6) Other cases in which the Company reasonably determines that registration is not appropriate.
■Article 6 (Account Management)
1 Members shall manage and keep their accounts at their own risk and shall not allow any third party to use, lend, transfer, change the name of, or sell their accounts.
2 If the Company confirms a match for such account, the Company will deem that the member registered as holding such account has used the Service.
3 The member shall be responsible for any damage caused by inadequate management of the account, errors in use, or use by a third party, and the Company shall not be liable for any such damage except for reasons attributable to the member.
4 If a member discovers that his/her account has been stolen or is being used by a third party, the member shall immediately notify the Company and follow the Company's instructions.
■Article 7 (Change of membership information)
1 Members shall promptly notify the Company of any changes in their registered membership information. In addition, the member shall submit any identification materials requested by the Company.
2 Except as provided in Article 15, we will not be liable for any damage caused by failure to register a change. Please note that even if a change is registered, transactions that have already been processed before the change is registered will be conducted based on the information before the change was registered.
■Article 8 (Withdrawal from membership)
1 Members may cancel membership on their own in the manner prescribed by the Company.
2 The Company shall notify the member who has completed the withdrawal procedure in the preceding paragraph of the completion of the withdrawal, and this notification shall be deemed to be the completion of the withdrawal as a member.
3 If there are any outstanding debts owed by a member to the Company at the time of the member's withdrawal from membership, the member will naturally lose the benefit of time with respect to all such debts and must immediately fulfill all such debts to the Company.
4 If you wish to use the Service again after the Service has been terminated, you must re-apply for use of the Service. If you re-apply for the service, your membership information and data from before the termination will not be transferred.
■Article 9 (Prohibited Acts)
1 Members shall not engage in any of the following acts when using the Service
(1) Any act that infringes on the intellectual property rights, portrait rights, rights to privacy, honor, dignity, or other rights or interests of the Company, its officers, employees, other members, customers, or other related parties, or any third party (including any act that directly or indirectly causes such infringement).
(2) Actions related to criminal acts or actions contrary to laws and regulations or public order and morals.
(3) Transmitting information that contains computer viruses or other harmful computer programs.
(4) Actions that place an excessive load on the network or system of this service.
(5) Falsifying information that may be used in connection with this service.
(6) Acts of providing texts, materials, contents, etc. to third parties, unauthorized use, reproduction, secondary use, falsification, etc.
(7) Posting the contents of this service on a blog or social networking service.
(8) Actions for the purpose of collecting information about other customers or members.
(9) Impersonating the Company, another member, a customer, or any other third party.
(10) Using another member's account
(11) Profit-sharing with antisocial forces, etc.
(12) Use of the Service as a place for advertising or commercial purposes, such as sales pitches or solicitations.
(13) Resale or commercial purpose purchase of merchandise
(15) Any act that interferes (or may interfere) with the operation of this service by the Company
(16) Other activities that the Company deems inappropriate.
2 When a customer falls under any of the conditions of the preceding paragraph, or when the Company reasonably determines that a customer falls under any of the conditions of the preceding paragraph, the Company may cancel the purchase agreement in whole or in part without any notice or demand, and immediately discontinue providing the Service.
3 Except as provided in Article 15, we shall not be liable for any damages incurred by you based on actions taken by us pursuant to this Article.
■Article 10 (Loss of membership)
If a member falls under any of the following cases, the Company may temporarily suspend use of the service or delete the member's account (including termination of the service) without prior notice. We reserve the right to take any other necessary measures without prior notice.
(1) Failure to pay debts owed to us.
(2) If member violate any of the terms and conditions set forth by the Company.
(3) When there is a false fact in the information provided to us.
(4) Where the Company ceases to make payments or becomes insolvent, or a petition is filed for commencement of bankruptcy proceedings, civil rehabilitation proceedings, or similar proceedings.
(5) When a credit card company notifies us of a credit default.
(6) In the event that circumstances have come to light that may indicate a crisis in solvency, etc.
(7) In the event of death, or in the event of a trial for commencement of guardianship, conservatorship, or assistance.
(8) If member have not responded to our inquiries or other communications requesting a response for more than 14 days.
(9) If member have been or are currently undergoing measures such as suspension of use of Membership service in the past.
(10) A minor, adult ward, person under curatorship or person under assistance who has not obtained the consent, etc. of his/her legal representative, guardian, conservator or assistant.
(11) If we determine that the applicant is an antisocial force, etc., or is involved in any interaction or involvement with antisocial forces, etc., such as cooperating or participating in the maintenance, operation, or management of antisocial forces, etc., through funding or other means.
(12) When we deem it necessary for the operation and maintenance of this service.
(13) In the event that the Company determines that there are other reasons similar to those listed in the preceding items.
2 Even if the Company takes the measures specified in the preceding paragraph, the Member shall not be released from all obligations and liabilities to the Company and other third parties (including, but not limited to, liabilities for damages).
3 Except as provided in Article 15, we shall not be liable for any damages incurred by you as a result of any action taken by us pursuant to this Article.
■Article 11 (Attribution of Rights)
1 All ownership and intellectual property rights related to the Company's website and the Service are the property of the Company or those who have licensed their rights to the Company. Use of the Service does not imply any license to use the intellectual property rights of the Company or any other party that has granted a license to the Company in connection with the Company's website or the Service.
2 You shall not, for any reason whatsoever, engage in any activity that may infringe the intellectual property rights (including, but not limited to, disassembly, decompilation, and reverse engineering) of the Company or any party that has granted a license to the Company.
3 The trademarks, logos, and service marks appearing on the Company's website or on the Service are registered trademarks or marks of the Company. They may not be used unless the customer or the Company has granted permission for their use.
■Article 12 (Handling of Member Information)
2 The Company may provide information (including advertisements) to members via e-mail newsletters and other methods. If a member does not wish to receive such information, the company will stop providing it if the member notifies it in accordance with the company's specified method. However, the provision of information necessary for the operation of the service cannot be suspended at the request of a member.
■Article 13 (Change, Suspension and Termination of this Service)
1 The Company may change or add to the Service, in whole or in part, without prior notice to the customer.
2 The Company may, at its discretion, terminate the provision or operation of all or part of the Service. In the event that the Company, at its discretion, terminates the provision or operation of all or part of the Service, the Company shall notify the customer to that effect in a manner that the Company deems appropriate. However, in case of emergency, the Company may not notify the customer.
3 The Company may temporarily suspend all or part of the Service without prior notice to customers in the event of any of the following events
(1) For periodic or emergency maintenance or repair of materials, telecommunications equipment, etc. used for this service.
(2) When it becomes necessary to ensure the security of our members and customers.
(3) When the services of a telecommunications carrier are not provided.
(4) In the event that provision of this service is difficult due to force majeure such as natural disasters, etc.
(5) In the event that provision of this service is difficult due to fire, power failure, other unforeseen accidents, war, disputes, uprisings, riots, labor disputes, etc.
(6) When the operation of this service becomes impossible due to laws and regulations or measures based on such laws and regulations
(7) Any other cases deemed necessary by the Company in accordance with the preceding cases.
■Article 14 (Disclaimer of Warranty)
(1)The Company shall ensure that the Service is suitable for the specific purposes of Members and Customers, and that it has the expected functions, commercial value, accuracy, usefulness, and completeness.
(2) The Service (including applications, etc.) shall operate flawlessly and identically on all terminals (PCs, cell phones, smartphones, and all other connected terminals) and in all environments (software, communication environment, etc.).
(3) Use of the Service by Members and customers shall conform to applicable laws and regulations, internal rules of industry associations, etc.
(4) In the event that our website provides links to other websites or links from other websites to our website, the accuracy, usefulness, and completeness of the websites other than our website and the information obtained from such websites.
(5) The legality, validity, accuracy, certainty, safety, currency, and completeness of photographs and comments regarding products displayed on the Company's website and comments regarding products posted by customers on Instagram and other social networking services.
■Article 15 (Disclaimer)
1 The Company shall not be liable for any damages incurred by you as a result of any action taken by the Company under these Terms and Conditions or any other action by the Company, except in the case of willful misconduct or gross negligence on the part of the Company.
2 The provisions of the preceding paragraph shall not apply if the contract between the Company and the customer regarding the Service constitutes a consumer contract as defined in Article 2, Paragraph 3 of the Consumer Contract law.
3 In the event that Paragraph 1 applies, the Company shall compensate for damages incurred by the Customer caused by the Company's intentional or gross negligence only for ordinary and direct damages, and shall not be liable for incidental damages, indirect damages, special damages, future damages, lost profits, attorney fees, etc. The amount of damages shall be limited to the amount received by the Company for the Services that directly caused such damages.
4 In the event that Paragraph 1 is excluded from application based on Paragraph 3, the provisions of the preceding Paragraph shall apply mutatis mutandis to damages caused by the Company's negligence (excluding gross negligence in this Paragraph).
5 Our liability for the quality, material, function, performance and compatibility with other products or other defects of the goods sold shall be limited to those set forth in these Terms and Conditions.
6 We (including our contractors) shall be indemnified from such obligation by contacting the contact person registered by the customer and by delivering the product to the delivery address specified at the time of purchase of the product.
■Article 16 (Dispute Resolution and Compensation for Damages)
2 In the event that the Company is liable for default or tort for damages incurred by the Customer in connection with the use of the Service, the provisions of Article 15 shall apply mutatis mutandis.
■Article 17 (Communication and Notification)
1 Any inquiries or other communications or notices from customer to us regarding the Service, or any other communications or notices from us to customer, shall be made in accordance with the provisions of this Article.
2 Customer must set up their telephone number, e-mail address, or other contact information that customer registered at the time of purchase so that customer can receive communications from us.
3 In the event that the Company notifies a customer of information, etc. concerning the Service by e-mail or by making such information or notice known on the Website, the Company shall deem the notification to have been completed at the time the Company sends such information or notice to the e-mail address registered by the customer or at the time such information or notice is made known on the Website.
4 The Company shall not be liable for any failure to receive communications from the Company, except as provided in Article 15, in the event that the Company's communications do not reach the customer because the customer's registered contact information is incomplete, the customer fails to notify the Company of a change in contact information, or the customer fails to set up the Company's website to receive, or view communications properly, or the customer fails to view this website, or the customer fails to receive, or view communications due to communication problems.
5 We will provide you with administrative communications and other information regarding our operations.
6 We may conduct various types of surveys, such as questionnaires, for our customers.
■Article 18 (Assignment of Status, Transfer of Business)
1 Customer may not assign, transfer, grant a security interest in, or otherwise dispose of your position under the Subscriber Agreement or your rights or obligations under these Terms and Conditions to any third party without our prior written consent.
■Article 19 (Entrustment)
The Company may, at its own discretion, outsource all or part of the necessary operations related to the operation of the Service and provision of the Service to customers to a third party.
■Article 20 (Severability)
Even if any provision of these Terms and Conditions or part thereof is determined to be invalid or unenforceable under the Civil Law, the Consumer Contract Law, or other laws and regulations, the remaining provisions of these Terms and Conditions and the remaining portion of any provision that is determined to be invalid or unenforceable in part shall remain in full force and effect, and the Company and the customer shall endeavor to modify such invalid or unenforceable provision or portion to the extent necessary to make it legal and enforceable, and to ensure that the intent and legal and economic effect of such invalid or unenforceable provision or portion are equivalent.
■Article 21 (Governing Law and Court of Jurisdiction)
These Terms and Conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of Japan, and any and all disputes arising out of or relating to these Terms and Conditions shall be submitted to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Tokyo District Court or the Tokyo Summary Court as the court of first instance, depending on the amount of the action.
■Article 22 (Consultation and Settlement)
■Article 23 (Revision and Modification of these Terms and Conditions)
Established April 12, 2023